Two weeks into the new year and how many of you have already broken your new year resolutions? Don’t stress you can still set new goals. To be honest, you can always set new goals at any time to conjure up new aspirations for your personal development and inspire yourself.
Here are a few helpful challenges and ideas for your personal development you can undertake for say the next 30 days.
- Avoid words like “can’t”, “won’t”, “shouldn’t”.
- Stop judging your self and others and have no expectations.
- Avoid procrastination and exercise within two minutes of thinking about (your favorite activity).
- Set aside time for yourself daily, and you’ll be surprised at how much better you feel.
- Eliminate sugar from your daily food consumption.
- Make it a point to read every day.
- Don’t let your mind wander and listen intently.
- Create a daily log of how much you give versus how much you get.
- Make a journal of all the decisions you make.
- Change your taste buds and eat healthy for performance not what tastes yummy.
- Build your will power like keeping to your commitments.
- Increase your happiness and share positive moments.
- Stick to your exercise regimen.
Never give up. Stay positive and keep moving forward, one step at a time…small steps. You will be surprised how far you get.
As you grow old and the birthdays come and go, it is good to take a step back and reflect on your life and journey to this stage. Ask yourself if you are content with your life, do you know what you want, what are your life dreams, what are your goals and objectives, do you know how to achieve these life goals and objective. How are you going to get there.
There are numerous ways to achieve your personal dreams and achieve career and money success. There has many articles written and commentary offering tips and advice as to how to get ahead with your personal life and professional career. Here are some tips and advice to get ahead, as well as deal with your personal demons.
- What you focus your mind on will always grow bigger
- Never take things personally
- Accept and express your gratitude every day
- Stand up for yourself and your beliefs and never live life as though you are entitled
- Ask for 100% of what you want from 100% of people 100% of the time.
- Learn to accept and like rejection
- Understand that money can give you freedom
- Never accept always negotiate
- Start investing your money from and early age
- Do not multi-task. Do one thing at a time
- Accept, enjoy and appreciate where you are right now
- Make time and be sure you get a regular dose of nature
- Sweep your side of the street.
- Know that people who enjoy talking about people behind their back will also talk about you behind yours. Do unto others as you would like others to do to you.
- Never hold a grudge. Accept and move on.
- Always do something 100% and give it your best so that you never have any regrets of wonder ‘what if’.’
- Lasting change in life starts with daily habits.
- Always ask yourself the question “Will this matter in a year?”
- Approach and treat others with kindness and understanding.
- Understand that how you act and use your mind is in your power and hands
In today’s fast paced and very busy world, it is important to build a resilient attitude. Your perspective and outlook of the world around you makes a huge difference.
Being responsible at work means you are in control of your personal life and do not have to rely on people around you to determine your path forward. It also frees you from the need for the approval by others of your actions. Coupled with this, is a positive outlook on life; however, always remain grounded in reality. When you choose this attitude, you understand that life has ups and downs. Having a belief system gives your life a deeper meaning and allows you to move along your life path with a purpose. This makes you feel connected to causes or values that make a difference in the world.
Handling the bumps in the road – Knowing and believing in oneself at work is important, this helps keeps ones energy high and enthusiasm happening in this regard. This is important as ensures engagement in your work life.
Maintaining Composure – This is all about being able to remain calm when the work challenges face you. It allows you to face challenges with composure and rationality.
Solving Problems – Having an ability in this regard allows one to be innovative in finding solutions, this means you can do your research, use logic and make creative decisions.
Have your personal goal – It is an age old saying, set Short, Medium and Long term goals. Write them down in a book, be specific and work hard to achieve them. Remind yourself about your goals regularly.
Communicating with people in the world around you – In the world around us, this is the one topic that is done so badly by most people. Being resilient is the ability to communicate with others in a candid and courageous way when things get tough. Conscious communicating allows you to move towards your goals consistently.
Having a Social Support System is important – Becoming resilient is achieved by learning from people around you. Have someone that you can talk to when you need guidance, get to know yourself. Find a mentor for your career, it will add value to you life and journey.
A few points to remember:
- Developing Mindfulness
- Attitude is altitude
- Be grateful for all you have, acknowledge these in your life
- Giving to someone else is energizing. Asking for help enhances resiliency.
- Design your goals and stay focused.