Everyone has one of those days (or night) feeling all out drained of energy and no matter what you do, you cannot psych yourself up. Do you experience those days sitting at your desk feeling sleep deprived and cannot stop yawning? Most of us can always use a boost to improve our energy levels, productivity, and self-control.
Researchers found that there is a direct link between self-control and energy, also they are finite. Normally, as the day goes on, our bodies start to experience difficulty with self-control and ability to focus on work and tasks. As our energy drains during the day our self-control wears out, we begin to feel tired and it becomes more difficult to do basic tasks. Worst of all, our mood sours.
To avoid loss of energy, follow these tips and transform your body into a fatigue-fighting machine:
- Start the day with exercise.
- Drink some lemon juice first thing in the morning.
- Avoid checking your email, texts messages, and social media until after breakfast.
- Make sure to eat a real breakfast avoid those hunger feeling during the day.
- Get up from your desk and take a walk around the block.
- Avoid energy drinks that offer a near-instant hyperactivity boost, but they always result in a crash.
- Confront your stress and manage your anger.
- If you can, take a power nap for 5-10 minutes.
- Get organized and plan your day. When you are organized you don’t have to wast energy keeping track of things.
- Avoid this midday cocktails and alcohol at lunch.
- Increase your water consumption. It is easy to confuse signals of hunger with thirst.
- Increase your whole grain consumption and keep your blood sugar levels constant.
- Don’t be afraid to have a power snack in-between meals.
- Eat lots of berries especially blue, red, and purple.
- If your fatigue continues it might be a good idea to check your thyroid function and have a complete blood cell count.
- If you are a smoker…QUIT.