How can you attract and hang on to the best employees? Make them happy at work. Most companies are relatively good at making their employees happy. They allow employees to work from home when needed. Plan special and fun office activities. But there are those companies that go the extra mile for their employees and offer them special perks.
Apart from the the traditional perks like free medical and dental benefits, company vehicle, and further education, there are a number of interesting and popular perks that will keep your employees from leaving.
It is important to remember that perks do not make the culture of your company. If the underlying culture of the company sucks, then there are no perks in the world that will improve employee morale. Many perks are expensive to adopt, and in some cases, impractical for many companies. The goal is not to implement all the perks mentioned below but to focus on those that are important to your company, your employees and the culture of your company.
Here are few examples of job benefits and perks that will help you keep your employees happy and want to stay with your company.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Profit sharing.
- No official work hours.
- Extra time off during holiday season.
- On-site spa services.
- Maternity and paternity leave over and above the minimum legal requirement.
- A drinks fridge.
- Medical Care, Yoga and Massages
- Alternative work schedules an d flextime.
- On-site health services
- Ping pong table and games room.
- Subsidized cellphone and data plans.
- Personal financial planning assistance.
- Paid time off apart from annual vacation.
- Total wellness, both physical and mental.
- Company sponsored sports team.
- Offsite events.
- Company retreats.
- Discounts at local retailers.
- Education fund for further education.
- Freebies like Netflix and magazine subscriptions.
- Event tickets and transportation.
- Paid day off for birthdays.
- New tablets or notebook for new employees.
- Free food.
- Gym membership or onsite gym.
- Time off during the day.
- Paid time off for community service.
- Onsite childcare.
- Employee Health Benefits
- Retirement Annuities
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Retiree Health Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts