So what do you do at night before you go to sleep? Do you check your email and surf the web? The time before going to sleep is a critical time to make sure that you close off your day, make plans for the next day, but most of all calm your mind and have a restful sleep.
Too many people get this all wrong. There is so much one can do in a day and avoid burnout. Burning the candle at both ends will only make you unproductive, unhappy, increase your stress levels, and potentially cause long-term health problems.
Here are few things to consider and do before going to sleep at night:
- It is important to spend quality time with your family.
- Spend time with your friends.
- Take the time to do some reading and try avoid reading on your tablet.
- Wrap up you day and decide that it is over. Disconnect from work.
- Make a list of what you have accomplished in day.
- Keep a journal next to your bed and take time to reflect on your day and write down the positive things.
- Take some quiet time to think and plan your day ahead.
- Listen to some music.
- Turn off all computers, tablets, and cellphones.
- Do some mediation and clear your mind.
- Make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Envision your day ahead and make a to-do list.
Most people evening routine is the most underestimated habit, yet it is critical for everyone when it comes to changing your day and make sure that you protect your long-term health and productivity. Remember the last thing you do every day will have a significant impact on your mood and energy level the next day.