As we become more reliant on modern technology, we also become more vulnerable to cyber attacks and hackers. Your first line of defense against hackers is your password. Protect yourself with a password that are difficult to crack but easy to remember. If you have multiple logins and password, perhaps you should consider buying password management software.
What does it mean “difficult to crack”?
Every time cyber criminals break into and hack into databases of passwords, they are able to learn more about the login details and passwords people are using. Today, cyber criminals with the right technology to crack passwords are able predict what passwords people are using. Passwords that you think are complex can be easily guessed by hackers. The best passwords techies are those that are the most unpredictable.
A strong password should consist of the following:
- Must contain at least 8 characters
- Is not your user name, real name, or your company name.
- Is not a complete word
- Passwords must always be significantly different form any previous password.
- Never use the same password on different websites.
How you can protect your password
Once you have a created a password, you need to protect it from potential hackers. you can do this by following these simple rules:
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never give your password to anyone who calls you or sends unsolicited email.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Tell your children need to share their passwords yours.
- Evaluate and buy a password managers app and make sure that they use encryption.
Passwords you should never use
Today, we are continuously hearing stories of major corporations being hacked and passwords and personal details being stolen. To protect yourself and avoid being a victim never use the following passwords:
- Your username
- Your username followed by 123
It is recommended that you never use password on multiple websites. Cyber criminals can penetrate website with low security and then use passwords to penetrate and target more secure websites and environments, such as banking websites.
Take the time and make the effort to change your password on a regular basis, especially those password that protect your computer, important accounts like email and social media networks, sensitive information like financial and health data.
If you decide to buy password management software you will be able to create very complex passwords with 30+ characters, for example “Ded>mat@vu<0v+bE6nk:ur7%oU”, without having to worry about remembering them. All you will have to do is remember one password to open the password manager app.