The fundamentals of marketing are always going to be the same, but with the landscape, changing what matters most now is how one activates the fundamentals. Here are a few thoughts about what the next year will hold.
- Transparency will become the most important tool of marketing.
- CMOs will become Chief Simplifier Officers. We will witness the emergence of the marketing technologists.
- The winners will be adept at agility marketing.
- Media agencies will step up and lead.
- Marketing will shift from globalization to personalization.
- Procurement will become more powerful, it will become focused on agency operations and improving efficiencies there.
- There will be a growing focus on Internal Communications. Companies will be focused on internal communications as a marketing asset.
- Holding companies will start divesting assets.
The economics of marketing in a digital world will challenge marketers. Smart content creation should be native to the digital channel that reaches the audience, the single biggest challenge that marketers will need to solve is how to scale content in an economic way.