When students graduate from university and embark on their careers and join the working world, there are a few things they need to take into account. Here are some pointers for students to take note and remember once you start their careers and begin to earn money.
- Figure out how much you will need up front to move and start your life.
- Know what your take-home pay is–it’s not as much as you think.
- Be realistic about your expenses and essentials.
- Understand cash flow.
- Keep an emergency account.
- Know when to use a debit card or credit card.
- Get renter’s insurance.
- Begin contributing immediately to a 401(k) plan or an IRA account.
- Don’t be afraid to invest.