Mpumalanga Provincial Government is offering bursaries to grade 12 students to further their education in South Africa. The Mpumalanga Education Department is urging all students who require financial assistance to apply for bursaries to various universities within South Africa to so before 30 September 2013.
All students need to do to qualify for a bursary is to complete the application form which are available at the provincial government complex in Riverside Mall in Mbombela or any regional Education Department offices. Bursary application forms are also accessible via the education department’s website – CLICK HERE
The Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary Scheme for the 2014 is controlled by the local Mpumalanga Education Department. The local government centralized all bursaries and will administer all bursaries and application directly from the department.
All applicants for 2014 bursaries need to complete the application form and submit the following documentation:
- Certified copies of their Grade 12 mid-year results if they are currently in Grade 12
- Certified copies of their Grade 12 final certificate if they have completed Grade 12
- Proof of residence
- An acceptance or provisional acceptance letter or proof of registration from a higher education learning institution
- Certified copy of their South African identity document
- Proof of income of their parent(s) or guardian(s)
- Proof of disability from a registered medical doctor or clinic/hospital (if applicable) and/or proof of indigent status.
Students are also encouraged to seek out other further education and training opportunities provided by the government in order to asset them to obtain a university qualification. Bursaries and other information for students who require financial assistance to further their education is available from Fundza Lushaka Bursary Fund and the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.