Continuing education is one way of accelerating your career goals and objectives or to assist you to move up the corporate ladder. It can also provide you with a competitive advantage during downturns in the economy and recessions. There are a number of reasons to think about going back to school to continue with your education in order to enhance your chances in the competitive job market.
1. Disaffected college graduates who may still be searching for their ideal career or perhaps not satisfied with the majors they chose at college.
2. Professionals who over time realized that their currents job descriptions have become obsolete.
3. Individuals who are seeking to make a career move offering a far more personal or social outcomes than their previous jobs.
In the event that you identify with one of the reason listed above, you must understand that there are numerous educational institutions offering you the opportunity to enroll in a course and continue with your education or upgrade your current skills. Short courses are offered by vocational education institutions, community colleges, as well as regular 4 year college institutions. In the event that you have time constraints or time management issues, you can opt for online courses. The question to ask is why are short courses more advantageous or different from the traditional formal approach to education?
There are numerous advantages and benefits to taking a short courses rather than opting for a formal 4 year degree. Some of which are:
- Admission and enrollment for a short courses is more likely to be open. This means that, generally, you do not have to attach transcripts with your application or undertake any aptitude tests, rather the main requirement is your passion and desire to learn and participate.
- Most of the time there are no formal exams, pears to be written, or test to be taken. Rather your evaluation is based on your participation and contributions you make during the course or class. The emphasis being on idea to learn and apply your knowledge in the workplace.
- The teachers and lectures of the classes and course are more likely to be individuals who have experience and have either previously worked in the field of study or are still working in the sector. These teachers or lecturers can also become part of your professional business network.
- One of the major advantages is the cost of continuing education. Generally, the cost of continuing education courses are a fraction of the cost as compared to formal educations degrees and courses.
- The most compelling reason to continue with your education is it is the most effective tool and strategy to beat a recession or downturns in an economy. It also provides you with the opportunity to upgrade your current skills when your job description and duties change.
Continuing education also provides you with something to do while you are unemployed and shows your willingness to learn new skills, concepts, and adapt to new technologies required by the current job market. Continuing with your education and upgrading your skills will provide you with the opportunity to transform your current positions or give you the confidence to make a career move.