Do you think you’re caught up in a rut in the office, performing precisely the same job year in year out with little if any hope or expectation of moving up the ladder? Do you regularly dream you could possibly switch gears half way through your career in search of that fantasy occupation? Do you think you’re the idealist who seem to believe that education and learning is a constant process and has an undying desire for practical knowledge or perhaps the realist who seem to simply desire that promotion as well as the accompanying increase in salary?
The particular scenarios referred to above could possibly be totally different, nevertheless the resolution for every one of them is one – continuing education. The concept of a continuing education, that also includes degree credit courses amongst a number of other different kinds of learning activities, is by and large utilized to make reference to education and learning that may be imparted to students that happen to be much older than the conventional age of university-going students.
As reported by a national survey of students in continuing education, the adult students in both two-year and four-year college degree training programs were found to be substantially older than conventional students.
According to a recent U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics higher education projection study, it revealed the fact that the total registration of students that happen to be 35 years or older in degree granting institutions is predicted to increase 7 percent between 2005 and 2016.
Among the many significant underlying factors for continuing education could possibly be the state of economy. As outlined by an annual report by Sloan Consortium, a small grouping of institutions committed to quality online education, less than ideal economic circumstances frequently have an excellent influence on education and learning. It forces working professionals to further improve their particular abilities and not simply to be able to hold on to their current jobs, but additionally to further improve their likelihood of advancing in addition to improve their employability.
Several of the typical benefits associated with continuing education are:
* By signing up for advanced or graduate degrees within their field of study, individuals enhance their probability of ascending up the business enterprise and corporate ladder as well as an boost in salary. There are actually certain specific positions, for instance nursing administration, which normally demand professionals to acquire advanced degrees.
* A number of people carry on with an education to further improve their knowledge, abilities and skills not to mention position themselves positively in the job market.
* In some cases, continuing education is needed should you wish to change careers and you simply do not possess the qualification, training, or experience to go into the brand new profession of your choosing.
* Quite a few individuals carry on with education and learning simply because they possess a desire for learning. For these people, education and learning is actually a lifelong pursuit. A few carry on with degree programs associated with their professions, while other people decide on career fields that they are simply enthusiastic about, which may or may not be associated with their particular professions.
* For some people, the motives for continuing education have absolutely nothing to do with studying or money making. They look at it as being something which often is going to boost their image amongst friends and family.
* Successfully finishing continuing education programs is recognized to end up with a favorable influence on individuals self-esteem and quality of life.
Education and learning might be a requirement for some and a passion for other people. Nevertheless the fact continues to be that for most people, it might not always be possible to give up a full-time career for continuing education. This is where online degrees and distance learning training programs tend to be advantageous – as they quite simply enable working individuals to learn and earn simultaneously.